VoIP | Design | Apps | Marketing | Hosting | Connectivity
Vybe Tech Sheets
Why We Do Not Like WordPress
WordPress has many drawbacks. Here are some reasons why it is not our web site development platform of choice:
- It is insecure: The nature of the platform makes is vulnerable to hackers.
- Bloated code: there are so many updates from so many different plug-ins the code is often bloated and slows down your site.
- There is no technical support: With no official support forum, users therefore create their own out of personal interest. Personal opinions can be misleading.
- You can pay a lot for themes and plugins that are needed to supplement a WordPress site: These add-ons are the property of independent developers. There is no guarantee that they will be around beyond tomorrow. The constant program updates also make it cumbersome to efficiently manage your website.
- Customization can work for or against you: Don't let its generic, open source, easy-to-use appearance fool you. WordPress makes it difficult to customize its platform; therefore requiring expert knowledge to complete this task.
- WordPress focuses on pages versus content: WordPress places more usage emphasis on how their pages appear versus the timing at which content is placed. This aspect becomes an onerous task, elaborating on the previous point.
- E-commerce is less viable: E-commerce relies on outside plug-ins. They might not necessarily work with your banking providers and they often require significant technical skills.
So now you know why we don't like WordPress. We work with a development platform called Python that allows for expert customization. It allows us to quickly develop unique sites that have many of the features of a WordPress site with clean, efficient coding and limited ability to hack into it.
- The Pros and Cons of Choosing Wordpress for your website CMS
- WordPress Fans Beware: Main Disadvantages of Using Wordpress
- The Pros and Cons of a WordPress Content Management System
- WordPress Users Beware: 19 Disadvantages of Using WordPress
- The basics of Vybe Networks
- Dedicated shell services
- Using the Vybe Networks control panel
- Using email services on Vybe Networks
- Setting up vacation messages
- How to control spam
- How to secure your messages
- Managing your Vybe Networks web space
- Virtual domains
- Virtual Domain Statistics
- Using your Vybe phone
- User databases on Vybe Networks
- Using VybeWallet
- Why We Do Not Like WordPress
- Miscellaneous topics